Sunday, April 6, 2014

Saying Goodbye


Obviously, updating this blog has fallen by the wayside. I don't know if continuing it will accomplish anything at this point, though I love the idea of sharing to viewers via some kind of tech platform. 

We are entering a new era of librarianship...and yes, it's even reached down into elementary school libraries. I'm just not sure that a blog is the best format for keeping in touch with my young library patrons, or if parent and faculty patrons are especially interested in the goings on enough to read about it regularly.

I've moved into the use of Destiny Quest's MyQuest to reach out to my younger patrons and use our PTO Facebook page to reach out to parent and faculty patrons, with the occasional faculty and PTO meeting update thrown in from time to time. Our school has also developed an app, and I'm promoting the use of our library app to patrons as another way to access library services on the go.

I leave you with one of my all time favorite quotes:

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!